Friday, March 20, 2009

My week off

It's Friday, my last actual day off work of the week. It's been such a nice week. Other than getting only a LITTLE housework done, this one week has actually done me as much good as a whole month off would. It's like brain cell by brain cell I'm being re-animated, or brought back to life lol. For the first couple of days I just sat and sat. Then I started to do things, think things, wonder things, get out and see things again. And I haven't done anything work related all week except take back costumes and mail back scripts. The weather has been perfect. I'm missing everyone that I know is in Alabama right now for the baby shower. Craving a dip in the lake actually, but I know it would still be too cold anyway. Anyway, it feels good to be able to return to my life! lol

There are two incredible feelings I've had in my lifetime that are very similar, yet totally opposite. The feeling of completely paying off a credit card and cutting it up. And the feeling of going on a clothes shopping spree and being able to get whatever I wanted. I've been debating today about which feels the best. Probably in the long run it's the paying off and cutting up of the credit card lol. But this week I bit the bullet and used my JCPenney card because me and the kdis are just in desperate need of clothing. I haven't really bought myself anything in over a year, to speak of. I've put on weight to where none of my clothes fit and I've been waiting to lose that weight and get back into everything but it just hasn't happened yet. So I've been wearing the same 2 pairs of pants all school year. And only one pair of shorts that fit and NO jeans. My style has gone totally down the tubes while waiting to get back into my clothes. So I finally just got fed up. Tanner's school clothes were in rags and anything else he had has gotten too little. Tyler really needed a size up in clothing as well. Rusty is not too bad off on clothes, he has gotten to where he will buy things of his own along the way. But he could probably use a new pair of shorts or two. So I decided to use the JCPenney card and just take care of all those issues. I really didn't spend a gosh awful amount, I got really good deals. But the feeling I got just from shopping was awesome! I had forgotten how good it feels to have new clothes because I haven't had any in so long. It's made me feel better just all the way around. I even want to stay on my diet now lol. It's done wonders for my outlook this week. Even if I did have to buy a size I didn't want to buy! But at least I now have something to wear while waiting to lose the weight again. I just have to be careful not to get addicted to that feeling that shopping and buying gives me lol. Been there, done that, have grown up MUCH since then so I think I'm safe.


Thursday TAnner and I went to the zoo with Cheryl and Matthew. We really had a great time. I mainly had the idea to go because they've been advertising this penguin exhibit that they just got in this week and will have until August. Sounded fun to me. So off we go. When we finally found the penguin exhibit we had to pay $2 extra just to see it. And all it ended up being was this square glass front box cage with 3 penguins and some water. I thought......SURELY there is more once we exit this spot, like a whole penguin habitat of some kind. Or a bigger glass box with maybe 10 penguins or something? So I didn't even take a picture where we were cuz I thought there was more just outside of that door. But we exited the that little penguin room and ended up in a giant penguin store! Hundreds of stuffed penguins you could buy, penguin t-shirts, penguin everythings. And that was it. The store was probably 10 times the size of the penguin exhibit room. So pretty much it was a money making scheme, if you ask me. That was a little disappointing, but we still had a terrific time with the 2 boys. I think Tanner will always remain a kid at heart. I took pictures of them doing numerous things. But there came a point where Cheryl and I were tired and wanting to sit a few. So we stopped at the little playground area and the boys played and we found a sitting spot that was kinda back from the playground but we could still see them. Tanner wanted me to follow them and take pictures of everything they did but I told him no, I'm gonna sit for a few, yall go play. Well, it didn't take but a few minutes and Matthew came running over to us in distress and said "Tanner is STUCK in the big spider web and he can't get out!!!!!" I knew that was a load of crap lol. But we walked over there, and there he was just sitting on the spider web made of ropes. I asked him, "If I take your picture will you then suddenly be UN-stuck???" He grinned because he knew I knew exactly what he was doing and he said "yes". So I took his picture, and he miraculously came unstuck. We saw lots of animals and took a ride on the train, then ate at McDonalds on the way home. I ended up incredibly sleepy after all that and took a nap. Guess I'm getting old lol.


Today Tyler was meeting his girlfriend/friendgirl at the movies and he asked Tanner to go, too, which was sweet. So they are gone to the movies and I have some minutes to myself. But Drew just got here so he will be hanging out the weekend. It's been awhile since we've seen him so I'm glad to have him. He's gotten TALL. We are playing a 2-nighter this weekend at a local spot, should be fun I guess. Will be good money.

I had the idea to plant my own tomato plants this week so I bought a few today. I hope to get them planted in containers today or tomorrow. I also bought bell pepper plants, I couldn't resist. I'm so addicted to bell peppers. As Keith says, bell peppers are the new onion! lol I put them in just about everything I cook. And, of course, like my mom, I can just eat the darn things raw as far as I'm concerned. Good stuff. So I guess we'll see if I'm good at growing stuff to eat. Maybe it's a hidden talent?

I've had just enough of "normal living" this week that I could get addicted to it FAST lol.

I found pictures on my camera that I had forgotten to post so here are some highlights of the last few weeks:

This is a short video I took during clean up of the stage. Blake was in there helping with the tear down and clean up. Somehow he and some other boys had to idea of playing hockey with broomsticks and a plastic cap to a bottle or something lol.







A Horton the Elephant stuffed animal and a bouquet of Seuss "clovers" that a parent bought and made for me!



This is the bouquet of flowers that the students gave to me at the end of the last performance, it was so sweet! And don't they look like Dr. Seuss stuff to you?



Also during the clean up, Blake ended up in the bath tub with Tyler's prom date lol. So I had to take a picture of that to tease him about for sure lol.


And here he is, the man of the hour! Handsome as all get out. I almost cried, but I did hold it in lol.

And some zoo pics...........

We had a hard time getting either of them to pose for this one...... lol:

And here is Tanner, "stuck" in the fake spider web:

This poor turtle. I could SO identify with him lol. Looks like he's gotten too fat and is bulging out of his shell lol. It's like me trying to wear my clothes these days lol.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your post...but it was a WEDDING shower, not a baby shower!! LOL. We don't want the Jasper rumor mill to start a churnin'...haha.
Just kiddin, Wish you could have made it.
Look forward to hopefully seeing ya'll at the wedding
Love ya,
Dustin