Friday, May 11, 2007

2 more weeks of school!

Sunday was band practice. No singer, so that was disappointing. We got done what we could.

Ah! I just LOVED this newspaper article! That is so awesome! I especially like Dustin's quotes lol.
http://www.mountaineagle.com/NF/omf/eagle/news_story.html?rkey=0103878+cr=gdn

Monday was just the usual school day. But I had gotten to a point where I just couldn't stand another minute, and so when I got a little ill Monday night I didn't hesitate to stay home on Tuesday. Then I decided, heck I need Wednesday too. So I stayed home and did NOT clean anything. I watched 4 movies in the 2 days I was home. And I ate peanut butter on saltine crackers for breakfast, lunch, and supper on both days. I didn't hardly use the net much, I didn't talk on the phone. I think I just took a vacation from the world lol. It must have done me some good because I have been able to survive just fine on Thursday and Friday.

Rusty started feeling sorry for me when I began my "decline into exhaustion" on Monday, and he took Tanner into the kitchen and taught him how to unload and reload the dishwasher, and how to hand wash pots and pans. And told him he'd pay him $5 a week to do that every afternoon. And so far Tanner has stayed with it and done it everyday. We're having to teach a few extra lessons here and there, but he's learning. Like.....only the glasses that are too big to go in the top shelf go in the bottom shelf, and you can't stop the dishwasher in mid cycle and add dishes to it, and NO, you CAN'T play with the sink sprayer for 2 hours straight! But he's trying his best and I'm proud of him. Another week, and he'll be a pro.


Ken came over with Connor for their regular Thursday visit. He's been coming over on THursday's while Heather does something at church. It's been nice, hope he keeps it up. Tyler was sick on Thursday with a head cold so I let him stay home with that. I think we're all getting the "is school EVER gonna END?" flu.

Both of my kids got sent to the office this week, on the days that I stayed home. Tyler was sent on Tuesday for "sleeping and being disrespectful". He says he had his head down but he was NOT asleep. The teacher yelled for him to "wake up"! He said "I'm NOT SLEEPING!" She said "GET OUUUTTTT!!!" So he was given 2 days of after school detention for next week. I TRY and TRY to reason with him about how he could handle things differently. He agrees wtih everything I say, he just says that sometimes something inside of him just WON'T let him say things the way he SHOULD say them lol. Tanner was written up by my substitute teacher in the music room on Wednesday, along with 6 other wild heathens. THey supposedly were all pushing chairs around, climbing on the risers, and pulling books off the shelf. He says he was just moving the chairs back where they belonged. Who knows. I'm just glad I'm not a substitute teacher. He got sentenced to one day of in-school detention which he served on Thursday. He did not get a beating at home, because we tried to take into account the "substitute teacher" factor.

I got my Mother's Day present early this week! I knew Rusty would not be able to stand keeping it secret til SUnday. He got me some longer cords for my keyboards, and bought me a nice case to carry my big keyboard in so I'm not banging it against stuff all the time lol. I've been hollering for a case for it ever since I got it, and now I finally have one.

Another bit of good news from THursday - Terri's dog was found! The kids' dog disappeared on Christmas Eve this year. They were all upset, couldn't find her anywhere. Well, Thursday, a friend of all ours named Bob thought he spotted her in his neighborhood. He went and checked her out and yes it was her. She had wandered that far away from home and just hung around there so they took her in I guess. So when Terri picked up the kids from school Thursday she had the dog in the car. I stepped outside so I could watch their faces! They were thrilled, Cody was jumping up and down!


I'm continuing to gather people's lists of concerts. I tell ya, I've had so much fun with this. You learn things ya didn't know about people lol. And I guess, being a musician, I just find it so fascinating that people I know have seen things I've never seen. I need just a couple of more lists - namely, one from RUSTY - then I"ll be posting it on the other blog I have. I'll include a link to it on this blog.


Tonight (Friday), Tyler is gone on a long trip for a football jamboree. We wanted to go, but it's 3 hours away and started at 5:00. And he wasn't sure how much he'd be playing yet, or exactly what to expect. So we decided not to go. So we've sat around all night moping and whining because this is the first time we've EVER missed any football thing of Tyler's. Wishing we had gone now. But me, Rusty, and Tanner had a nice trip to McDonald's for dinner. (We moped about that too, thinking how much we bet Tyler wished he was there at his favorite restaurant lol.) He'll be getting in really late tonight, and I bet he'll be TIRED.

Susan made a myspace page of her own and I added her last weekend. So then Mom made her one too! Cool! I also got in touch with yet another long lost friend from 9th and 10th grade this week. They just keep popping up! Either I find them or they find me. I guess age 35 is when people start to think back on old times.........is that the beginning of old age???? I sure hope not. I like to think that old age is still far, far away.

This weekend we have to mow grass, and band practice is SUnday and we're ALL supposed to be there and go through EVERYTHING. I'll feel much better once we do that. We're not playing on the 18th now, we're gonna play on the 26th. Terri and I are hopefully going to see a play tomorrow night, then probably hang out back here afterwards.

Oh........my father-in-law has a camper for sale if anyone is interested. Don't know how much or anything about it really lol, but I can find out if anyone wants to know. He's thinking about trying to put it on e-bay. He has bought himself a bigger, newer one, so he's selling the old one.

I didn't get very many pictures this week. I'm such a slacker these days. But I did snag a picture from Terri's myspace of my nephews with their long lost doggie! I'm so happy for them lol.




Ah. A picture of my really cool wind chime that I won at bonko a couple of months ago, that I"m waiting for Rusty to put up for me. Isn't it adorable??



0 comments: