Well, we went to see Spiderman 3 last night - the much anticipated movie. Having learned my lesson when Eragon came out, I reserved our tickets ahead of time at 8:00 am Friday morning. We had a caravan of 10 people going to see the movie - us, our friend Lysa, Terri and the kids, and our friends Mike and Cheryl. We ate at the KFC buffet for our restaurant night also. The movie was good, we decided. It's as good as the rest of them anyway. A bucket of popcorn and 2 medium drinks these days? $15.50. What's the world coming to!
We had testing all week long at school so I had to be on my feet nonstop for about 3 hours solid every morning. But it was nice and quiet for a change. TAnner had a pretty good week at school, but we did find out that he didn't get into the GATES program this time. Oh well. They just don't recognize true brilliance! Tyler has had a good week in football. The coaches asked him what other positions he had played before and he told them. They asked if he would be willing to play middle linebacker. He said......would I get to start? The coach said.......well, yeah. So Tyler said, "Coach I'll play ANY position you want if I'm starting!" So all week he's been working at the middle linebacker spot. I just know in my heart he's going to get to start next year. But the coaches have not given him any indication of such yet, other than that one comment. I think they just aren't trying to decide yet.
We had band practice both Monday and Tuesday nights. It was tough. Especially for Rusty. Steve's truck was messed up so Rusty had to drive to St. Joseph, LA both days to pick him up and take him back. But we got some good practice in. We watched "Night at the Museum" this week I think....maybe it was last week? Anyway, it was a GREAT movie, you gotta see it.
Today (Saturday) we got up at 7 am and went to Mom's house for chocolate and biscuits! YUM!!! I came to realize that there is something TERRIBLY wrong with my children and I do not know how to fix it. Neither of them like chocolate and biscuits. Tyler never has. And I forced Tanner to try them just one more time this morning and he still says he doesn't like them. And when I think about it, they don't like fried okra, home made ice cream, tomatoes, or barbecue much either. And they eat watermelon, but they're just not crazy about it. If they didn't look so much like their dad I'd swear they were switched at birth.
I found Aunt Susan on myspace this morning too lol. We've been talking about concerts, and how Allie went to her first one recently. Susan said I should gather a list of concerts everyone has been to. That was an awesome idea! So I've already sent out emails to folks asking them to email me a list of concerts they have been to and any interesting stories that go with any of them. I've gotten a few responses already, and MAN am I jealous of Dustin. He has been around! He has seen the most so far. I'm going to gather the lists and put them on my other blog next weekend once I get them all in. Will be a nice addition to my "lists" lol. If there is anyone that I didn't get the email to, send me your list!
I couldn't stop myself from going to JCPenney's this week. All the guys needed a new pair of shorts and Tyler needed some shirts. And I simply HAD to have a pair of camouflage capris I saw. Tanner went to the dentist this week also and he's got a cavity to be filled. This will be the first filling he's ever been awake for - it should be interesting. Tanner has spent several hours playing with his keyboard he got for Christmas today, now that I have set it up in his room. I'm hoping to teach him some piano this summer.
3 more weeks of school now. I'm trying to hang in here but I'm REALLY dragging. I just don't have time to even think anymore! Argh! Time stand still! But very soon............I'll be drifting on Smith Lake, washing away the school year. My anniversary is coming up also - 16 years! Feels like a world record compared to most folks we know our age lol.
I took no pictures this week. I've been too tired to hold a camera up. Ok, not really, but CLOSE. I will try to do better on photos for next week.
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Cinco De Mayo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment