Friday, March 23, 2007

Middle o' March

This week, going back to work and all, has been like a whirlwind. Kinda like, “back with a vengeance”, it’s been extremely busy yet unfruitful for me. Constantly doing, but nothing ever getting DONE.

Last Friday night we went for another bonfire at Mike and Cheryl’s and took Tyler, Tanner, and Drew. We had a great time, even Tyler said the next day he couldn’t wait to do it again. Just something about sitting around a fire. Anyway here are a few pics:


Just had a thought - let's do a bonfire at the lakehouse this summer! Woohoo!



















Later Saturday evening, we went to hear Scum Gumbo at the Loft – they were pretty good. Same story – dressed in 80’s wigs and clothes and singing 80’s songs. That is apparently THE thing to do nowadays. There is a big demand for it it seems. This particular band plays at numerous fraternity parties at numerous universities in Alabama and Mississippi both (http://www.scumgumbo.com/). So college age people are digging the 80’s music I grew up to??????? Here are a couple of pics:













Which brings me to…….The Big Hair Affair audition last Saturday. Rusty and Russ auditioned and it sounded awesome, and the band voted them in. But various difficulties came up with various details and so on, so forth, and etc. (Musician drama) So now it looks, at this time, like half of that band and half of the band Rusty already has are going to merge together to make an all new one, possibly of the same name, don’t know for sure yet. The story changes everyday. It’s going to work out to be a really TERRIFIC band for sure though. Dressing up and doing 80’s music as well. First practice is this weekend. I’m still excited for him. But that whole audition day was totally nerve-wrecking to me. It doesn’t take much to get my nerves in a wad these days. I don’t know HOW I intend to be a teacher for 20 more years lol.

Sunday Rusty's dad and stepmom came to visit. His dad is trying to make me FAT - he keeps bringing me a loaf of home made bread that he makes every time he comes over here. Impossible to not eat it. Tanner got him a bit of sun on Sunday while I was working on the laundry room.


Tyler stayed with a friend from pretty much Saturday til Sunday afternoon. Rusty put up my laundry room shelves (see my special spring cleaning edition lol). Monday was back to work where hardly ANYONE has done their windows updates in no telling how long. So the whole school was in an uproar over the time not changing on their computer. Some thought we had a virus, because every time they changed their clock it changed right back. Aargh. It was a LONG week for me getting all those fixed up. But I just singled out the time change update fix and put it on my handy flash drive and just installed that one update – was the quickest way for me.

Myspace is becoming more and more of a pastime. It’s CRAZY, I know. But I’m on there at least once a day now. I put up a bunch of old high school pictures last weekend of just about everyone that is on my list. Well, my friends on my list liked them all, and they sent links to them to all their friends. And then they told other friends that didn’t even have a myspace – who then went out and got a myspace so they could see them and comment on them lol. So I’ve ended up making contact with even MORE people from school now lol. And me, Terri, Shari, Heather, Lysa continue to do the surveys and questionnaires everyday for fun. And sometimes Rusty and some other guys will do one too. Tyler told me, “You know mom, only goofy Jr. High kids do those stupid bulletin survey things.” Oh well! I guess grown folks like to be silly sometimes too. I guess it’s just a unique way to be in touch with people without having to go out of your way to visit them. I also found out an old friend of mine has non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which is terrible. 35 year olds aren't supposed to get cancer.

Tuesday evening Lisa came over and she and Rusty began learning some of the set list for the new band. Also, Jamie Wicker came by to visit and to buy one of Rusty's numerous guitars.

Tanner got his report card Wednesday. He came to me and asked me if I wanted the good news first or the bad news. I said the good news. He said, "The good news is that I made all A's and B's, the bad news is that I made a F in science and it's all the teacher's fault." And indeed he did make an F in science. I think the teacher is trying to teach him a lesson in responsibility. He says it's her fault because she wouldn't let him turn in homework late. I spent the rest of the day explaining to him how that was HIS fault, not HERS. Tyler warned me all week that his report card might contain surprises. He gets his this afternoon so I'll have to report on it next time.

Tanner has been chatting with Brooke on the internet using the Yahoo Messenger thing. It's great that they have ways of keeping in touch with each other. Tyler talks to Chloe and Allie and maybe even Hannah a good bit on the internet too. Every now and then I'll tell him some news I've heard about one of them in Alabama, like Chloe's swimming records, and he says "Yeah, I already knew that before you did." On the Yahoo Messenger you are able to create your own avatar to look like yourself to kinda go along with your name. I noticed the one that Tanner had created to be "him" this week and it just struck me as so funny and cute. Took a picture of it to show here. He's got the "mysterious, dangerous, angel of death" thing going on, but still able to chill at the beach and build sandcastles lol.
One thing good about this blog for me is that I'm starting to hear from people. I've been emailing with both Brandon and Dustin this week and catching up with them and what they are up to. Susan has started a blog now and I had a blast checking it out. Mom has the lakehouse blog going. And Terri started her blog this week also, I'm looking forward to checking in on these blogs each week. It might not be as good as sitting and visiting with each other, but it's the next best thing when you CAN'T sit in and visit with each other.






0 comments: