It's already March.
Last Saturday was Dustin's birthday party, we had a great time visiting and I think he racked up pretty good on his birthday it looked like. He's 12 now - that makes me feel even older than my own kids make me feel. Once DUSTIN becomes a teenager, we all might as well buy rockers for our front porches cuz we're gonna be SO old.


It's bad that I don't remember Sunday. Or maybe it's good, it might mean that we actually relaxed and did nothing Sunday - sure needed it.
Tanner talked Rusty into helping him buy a toy he wanted off Ebay. It was $25 and he had $15 saved up. I don't think Rusty ever even looked at what it was before agreeing. But I knew what it was. Once it came in, Rusty couldn't believe he had helped him spend $25 on a single lego man lol. But apparently it's a "rare" one. It's a Spiderman "Venom" lego man. I told Tanner he better not lose it for at least 6 months - get $25 worth of playing with it at least.

There was no band practice this week, couldn't work out a day for it. So we resume next week.
I went to bonko at Terri's Tuesday night and I won the most games, woohoo! It's nice to have some luck now and then. And nice to get together with folks and not have to cook also.
Tuesday Tanner's teacher told me she needed to speak to me about something that she was concerned about. I thought....oh boy what has he done??? She said, "Tanner wrote a paragraph in class yesterday and he said some things that alarmed me and I simply MUST know if it is true." By this time I'm wondering what on EARTH...... She said, "TAnner wrote about who he admires most. And he said that he admires his mother most because she makes up his bed for him and cleans up after him and he never has to do ANYTHING." lmao. I was relieved, but embarassed a bit too. I said, "Well, if and when his bed actually gets made up, it's by me. And he's probably right about the cleaning - nobody does anything but me most of the time." She then let me have it. She said that her 5 year old daughter makes up her bed EVERY day and does it as well as a grown up. And that she has her kids doing housework daily. Honestly - I have tried to give them chores, but I lose track of it or get busy and don't stay on them about it. But she made me feel really dumb lol. She was totally SHOCKED. Like she had never even HEARD of the likes of somebody like me lol. Well, at least he DOES ADMIRE me for it. I don't think it's all that unusual myself. BUt maybe it is. Maybe it's time to look into a change....Also on Tuesday morning I had to go to school with Tyler and meet with the principal. He had been given after school detention (for being tardy too many times) the week before and had already served it. But they were trying to give him in school detention on Tuesday for not serving the after school detention. So I went in there, they went and asked the guy who holds after school detention if Tyler had been there and he said yes. So then they took him off the in school detention list. This is the 2nd time this year we've had such a problem.
Wednesday I got evalutated at work. EVerything went as well as I could expect it to. I haven't heard anything back from my boss yet, but I can just assume it was fine. I have been the "windshield" at work this week, and things have gone well again.
Also Wednesday was restaurant night and we went to El Ranchero. Tyler had been asking for it for days. They even had a mariachi band of their own this time, it was nice.
Since I've been trying to become a better financial planner and stuff and create a budget for us, I decided to write down and account for every single penny I spent in February. So for the whole month of February I kept a log of EVERYTHING I bought or paid for. I closed it all out yesterday and totaled it all up and it was quite shocking. I won't even admit to amounts right here in front of anyone lol. But GEEZ. And the only things I bought that were not just totally necessary were a small crockpot and a purse. I'm going to do the same thing in March and see if I can't cut down on my totals for stuff like groceries and such. It's kinda fun to look at it all. And it's nice to have in writing where all my money goes. And to be able to show kids and hubby and all just how much it costs to eat, drive, stay healthy, and wear clothes around here.
Tanner dressed up as "the phantom" and creeped around in the dark early Friday evening. Also, Terri and the kids came and hung out with us Friday evening. We are planning on seeing the "Big Hair Affair" at the Loft on Saturday evening. I'm also hoping to catch a glimpse of the copper colored full moon tonight - there is a lunar eclipse this evening.


Today is Saturday, we slept in - all except Rusty of course. But once I woke up this morning there was a knock on the door. It was Ernest. I taught Ernest in music class when he was in the 4th grade. He was such a good singer, and the most positive and happy little fella I ever met. I just loved him. Anyway, Ernest is now a senior in high school and he was out selling stuff for the choir. All of us sat and visited with him and he told me has has received a full music scholarship to Ole Miss. And he wanted to thank me for being an inspiration to him when he was a kid. Unbelievable. Just when you think what you do for a living doesn't make a bit of difference. Out of the thousands of kids I've taught in 11 years, one of them is going into a music career woohoo!! I'm very proud of him. I should have taken his picture, darnit.
I have one more week of work until Spring Break and I can not wait....
1 comments:
Hey Tracy,
This is Brandon. Sandra gave me the address to your blog this weekend. This is pretty cool. I think I am going to start one for Christy, Emma Tucker and I. It sounds like you all are doing good. Sandra told me that you were thinking about getting your masters. I am two classes away from getting mine in library media online. I am going through Universty of West Alabama. It has been pretty easy. I have been able to do it all online. If you are interested, you should look into it. They probably have some programs in Mississippi that are comparable, so you wouldn't have to pay out of state tuition like I did. We were ale to go to Alabama this weekend and see everyone. It was a very good time. The lake house looks awesome. They've got it looking great. I hope we can see you all some time. For the second year in a row, our traveling is limited by pregnancy(I guess you have heard about the twins) My email address is myhandw@uwa.edu. Shoot me an email and give me your address and I will let you know if and when I put up my blog.
Post a Comment