Did I do anything besides musical rehearsals this week? The answer is very little. On Wednesday mom cooked dinner at her house and we all went out there for dinner. It was very nice to sit and visit with everyone because we so rarely get to anymore. Mom had lost about 20 pounds or so since I last saw her and it was very noticeable. Makes me wanna get on the ball even more to get my poundage back off! But I didn't start working on it that night. We had roast and potatoes and all kinds of good stuff. I'm working on it now though. Trying to revamp some things. I can't afford meat all the time, nor can I cook enough of it to make Atkins possible. So I gotta rethink some things.
Monday I ran by the house at about 3:00 to change clothes between work and rehearsal and Tyler was there and had something in his eye. He had been worrying with it for an hour trying to get it out. I told him to get in the shower and let water run all through his eye, that didn't work either. He was miserable. Our usual eye doctor was closed on that day and I couldn't think of anywhere else that I felt would for sure squeeze us in between 3:00 and 5:00. And I didn't want to wait and end up in the ER later. So I called our regular doctor and we got in the car. I told them we were on the way but they weren't sure if she'd have time to see him. I told them we were coming anyway. Once we were there, they kept on trying to get the doctor's ok for him to come in and so on. I KNEW she would see him if she found out we were trying. Right about the time they finally agreed to let him in, I looked over at the eye he was messing with and saw a tiny piece of something on his bottom eyelash. I told him to grab right there and pull. And when he did, he pulled out a huge piece of fuzz or something. He blinked a few times and said he was fine, it was gone lol. So then I had to tell the doctor's office people........uh, nevermind. lol. Felt kinda silly. But I was glad he got it out and it wasn't something major like a piece of glass or something.
Let's see. I bought a tea maker. Kinda like a coffee maker. I bought it for Tanner. Terri suggested it as an easy way for them to keep tea made. And so far so good. He's been making coffee for Rusty for years, so figured this would be a good thing for him. It's new and it's fun for now, I just hope he doesn't lose interest when the new wears off lol. But, then again - it's totally for them. I don't even like tea. So if they don't keep it made, it's their own loss. I'm not making it anymore unless it's a special occassion.
Friday night Terri and the kids came to visit, and also Steve, Larry, and Chris, whom we haven't seen in a long time. We just visited and goofed off. Rusty said I was mean and a bitch all night. I didn't notice it. If I was, it was unintentional. I guess I was just TIRED maybe? lol I don't know. But I had a good time visiting, not sure what I did or said that was bitchy but hope no one else thought so.
We did a pizza party Friday for the Madrigals. They've been working on a song FOREVER it seems like. It's been dragging and dragging along. So, remembering how they will work for food, I promised a pizza party if we could just GET THROUGH the whole song by the end of the week. And the pace picked up. I invited Tyler, Blake, and Kyle down also and I ordered extra pizzas for them. Tyler and Blake came. I don't know if Kyle forgot or if he ended up having something else to do. But Tyler and Blake were glad to work on his pizza for him. And then Tanner finished it off later when I took it home lol.
TAnner and Brooke went to a couple of rehearsals with me this week. I don't think we really got to any of their stuff much on either night. BUt I never know how far we're gonna get, what we're gonna do, who we will have to work with, etc. I can plan til the cows come home. But it always just ends up taking on a life of itself. Overall, the whole thing is coming along ok. Just SLOW. Blake has decided to help out on the set crew so he went on THursday with us. I think he enjoyed it, he got to help build the Wickersham caves a little bit. I just can't get used to the other teachers calling him "Chris" lol. I keep saying: "Who are you talking about???" I"ve been very lucky to have such terrific people like Michelle Fisackerly, her boyfriend Ashley, and Angela Clemts from South Park out there helping me. They have been lifesavers. Without them I would not have made near the progress for sure. They've done most of the set work and most of the choreography.






It's Saturday and I'm hoping to spend lots of time on me today. Rusty and I are stocking up on food for Super Bowl here in a bit. And I want to watch some TV and maybe read on a book or something. BUt I do have tons of work to do for Seussical also, so I imagine my day will end with me diving back into that. One thing I"m for sure gonna do is catch up on everyone else's blog.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Last week of January
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment