Sunday, January 27, 2008

January seems to be a LONG month





Guess what. Even though we got the refrigerator fixed, I couldn't stop thinking about refrigerators. So when we went to Home Depot to pick out a storage building we just went ahead and ordered one. I talked myself into it because I've ALWAYS wanted a fridge with the water dispenser on front and I've lived for 17 years or so without it. And I ain't getting no younger. So. It wasn't hard to talk myself into it, or Rusty either for that matter lol. He is going to take the old refrigerator up to the shop where he works because they are in need of one. We also got the new stove in on Tuesday night and got it installed. It's AWESOME!!! It cooks so evenly. And all the pans just sit flat on it, no rocking around from uneven surfaces lol. It's a dream come true up in the kitchen this week!








We enjoyed last Monday off for MLK Day or whatever. Just kinda lazed around the house. (And shopped for refrigerators). The kids finally got their haircuts Monday evening. They think Steven is just the GREATEST. He can cut their hair in such a way that it does not look freshly cut lol. He got Tanner's out of his eyes and shaped up, but it's still kinda longish. They don't EVER want to go to anybody else again.
Last weekend we got together with Keith again for some more playing. Mike and Cheryl came over on Wed. night, and Ken and Heather came also. It was a nice visit with everyone. Rusty gave Connor a guitar lesson, and Ken gave Tanner a drum lesson. Cheryl and I are trying to cook up another trip to Destin before the summer season officially starts. Like in late April or early May. I'm ready to go right now!


Tanner's teacher's husband got transferred to Wisconsin so she had to leave our school and move. This past week was her last week. We will miss her for sure because Tanner has done so well with her this year. But she gave them a party on Friday and gave each of them a little award of some kind, unique to each of them. Tanner got the "Best Personality" award lol. Not surprising at all. He was proud of his award. He also received his award for Honor Roll during the Awards Day program at school on Friday.

The money for our home improvements came in on Thursday and I've been running around like crazy since. Had to pay off a few things, open a new checking account just for that money, and go shopping shopping shopping for what we're going to want to use! The first step is that storage building though. We have to have somewhere to put the stuff that is currently in the garage, and Rusty wants to use it as a guitar workshop also. So they will be coming and setting up our storage building this coming Tuesday. Then we will be set to begin taking in the garage. Woohoo!!!!

Not much else has happened this week. It has been COOOLD here most of the week, but still no snow. Tyler is still doing better I believe. He says he doesn't know if it's the medicine making him do better, or if it's his own willpower and the fact that he's trying really hard. But he's still discouraged about continuing to have spells. Hopefully we will have that taken care of very soon. We go to our regular doctor tomorrow to follow up on the asthma thing. But this week he asked me to take him shopping to pick out some binders, notebooks, pens, and pencils for him to work with at school. He said he was tired of dealing with the mess in his bookbag and tired of not having things when he needs them. I was pleasantly shocked! lol He has never cared about having the right supplies or not, or having a "good" pen or a specific kind of paper, etc. It's a good sign that he cares suddenly.

Tanner had Cody, Dustin, and Drew spend the night here last night. Tanner ran fever all night for no apparent reason. But they were up til nearly 5 am playing video games last night. Kevin V came over yesterday and played some guitar with Rusty, and Ken and Connor came and visited again. We visited with Terri, Donnie, and Dale for a bit last night. And I've spent a good bit of time working on the @#$%&( yearbook this weekend. And still have more work to do on it today. I haven't had as easy a time on the diet this week, and I didn't lose anything because of it. Why does it seem so much harder now???? lol I joined the gym where Cheryl goes so that we can work out together some. I've had a hard time making it there this week, but next week should be better. The cats are still not completely better, but seem a little bit improved. It's hard to tell. They might just sneeze forever.

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh I am sooooo jealous ... I want the stove top ....I sure like my kitchen in Bama makes cooking here depressing, lol. Maybe I will reconsider and buy a stove top...smoothe cooking sounds so nice.