Sunday, September 30, 2007

End of September

Last weekend we went on our trip to Destin with Mike and Cheryl and it was a total blast of course. Tyler stayed in the room pretty much the whole four days playing video games. But he did come down to the beach a time or two. Rusty and Mike did a good bit of loafing about town looking for guitar and music stores. They even snuck in lunch trip to Hooters while we were sunning lol. The first day we were there, there were still some small storms rolling in from that tropical storm system 10 or whatever it was. But the rest of the days were perfectly sunny. I even got a bit sunburned and my face peeled all week long. Me, Cheryl, and Tanner spent every minute possible sitting on the beach and listening to the waves. Rusty and Tanner built a sand castle one morning early. And we all took a good walk on the beach at sunset one night. We did a little shopping and went to a fancy seafood restaurant called the Crab Trap and the food was great. It was SUCH a nice getaway. I need to do that at least once a month. Here are a few pics. Gonna try to put a little video too now that they've added the video thing here finally!














These birds were incredibly smart and brave enough to get real close to you. They could spot a crumb of food a mile away. It was nearly like getting mugged when you tried to feed them lol.





























It seemed like the birds thought the football might be food, they were sure hanging around trying to check it out lol.


























So. Back in the real world. Tyler missed school the whole week - 2 days for Destin, then 3 days while wearing the ambulatory EEG monitor. He had wires and electrodes all glued to his head, wrapped up in tape, and a white toboggan thingy over the top of it all. The wires ran down to a monitor that he wore in a fanny pack on his side. He looked strange for sure, and I can NOT believe I forgot to take a picture of it before we got it off on Friday. But now that it's off, we just wait to hear back from the doctor hopefully in the early part of next week. It's going to be a long week next week, with all that make up work he's gonna have.
2 band directors were moved to other jobs this week, creating a couple of vacancies in the band director area. I immediately expressed my interest in moving up to those spots on Friday morning. So I'm waiting to hear something on that too. I'd love to move up, and I'd much rather do band than choir. So I"m really hoping that this change will happen, but I just don't know if they'll be willing to give me a shot. Sure hope so.
BHA played Friday night at a little place in Ridgeland called the Pub. It went pretty well, had some stupid mistakes but the people just didn't notice. They pretty much loved us. It was a kinda small place, but we did indeed pack the house that night! First bar I've ever been in where smoking was not allowed. Apparently Ridgeland is one of those smoke-free cities now. It was difficult on Rusty for sure lol. It was kinda nice playing only one night instead of two. Not nearly as tiring, and didn't take up my entire weekend. We play in Byram next Friday.




0 comments: